Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Peter!

that's my man

Peter is 45 today! Yesterday we celebrated with Todd, Denise, Mark & Carla with dinner at the Morrison Inn. We love these two couples, and I think it's awesome that Peter has friends who love and support him in ways that I can't. They can spend hours together golfing, drinking beers, smoking cigars, eating icecream & just hanging out. If men are allowed BFFs, they must be it.

Tonight we'll celebrate with the girls, and as much as they love their own birthdays, they love celebrating ours. Our family tradition is going to a restaurant that the birthday person chooses (we ruled out Mc Donalds & fast food in general early on) so tonight we are going to the Bonefish Grill for seafood - I think it's the Queenslander in him.

Celebrating Peter is one of my greatest delights, and I love that we get to share parenting and growing "up" (sounds better than growing old) together. He is my calm in the storm, my focus in the middle of chaos, the hand that I hold and the man that I love. Thank you for laughter, compassion & strength, and thank you for being a faithful man of God.

Happy Birthday love of my life!

1 comment:

mom/carla said...

We love him too...in a different way, of course :)