Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Courtney

The Birthday Girl
Courtney & Carrie
Courtney & Adam
Jeff
Karla

Tomorrow is my niece, Courtney's, 25th birthday, and in spite of the events of the past two weeks, it is a cause for celebration to honor her life. She is an amazing woman. and I am truly humbled by her faith and strength. Courtney's mom, Karla (my brother's wife), passed away very unexpectantly on March 7th, and Courtney, her sister Carrie and Jeff''s lives have been forever changed. While most of us are still struggling with undertanding God's purpose in all of this, Courtney has written some profound things about her mom and God's hand in ALL of it - even to the tiniest detail.

"There was a plan for my mom's life, and I believe that it's still in the works (it'll be a legacy). There's not been a single mistake in any of this. I am so blessed to see first hand God's grace, comfort, peace, and most of all, organization. He is good, and his fruits endure, even in the midst of tragedy."

Happy Birthday Courtney! YOU are your mom's legacy! I love you!

No comments: