Thursday, March 26, 2009

Snow Day

The front yard
I had already shoveled nearly a foot of snow off of our driveway and sidewalk
The backyard
Jilly - all snuggled up
Mallory - love the shorts with the knee socks

Today was the first EVER snow day for the girls, and they loved it!

I am not a big fan of the snow. I love living in Colorado - the four seasons, the beautiful mountains, the dry climate and a little bit of snow right around Christmas. But then, I'm good with the snow, and I'm ready for the warm sunshine. I am definitely a warm weather girl, and by the way it IS March and wasn't it almost 80 degrees on Sunday.

All that being said, today was an awesome day with the girls. Peter is on a trip to Dallas and couldn't get out (hopefully he'll be home tomorrow about lunchtime), so it was just us girls at home.

Here are some of the things we did:

*slept in and spent ALL day in our jammies
*I cooked breakfast (that's a big deal since I am not a morning or a breakfast person)
*Mallory worked on a school project & was especially thankful for the extra time (she definitely inherited her study habits from Peter)
*Jilly baked a chocolate cake - yum!
*shoveled - the hubby "missed" out on that again
*watched movies that we had on our DVR
*ordered Chinese food & had it delivered

The best part is we just found out that there's no school tomorrow. Spring Break has arrived early thanks to the snow. . . how strange is that!

2 comments:

kirstin said...

I'm totally with you in the love-colorado-but-could-do-without-the-snow category (especially in march!?!)... but I'll admit, it is kind of fun to just snuggle up and stay in all day! :) sounds like y'all had a great day!

mom/carla said...

After closing on our house early, Mark and I went home, took a nap, watched the Survivor episode that we missed the night before and had a late lunch/early dinner. Then we watched the NCAA games with a big bowl of popcorn.

Mark is weathering the storm and going to work this morning...thank heavens for the light rail...but I have a sneaking suspicion that there will not be too many at his work.

Enjoy you SECOND snow day!!!

For the record, I also am a warm weather type of gal but I have to admit that days like yesterday are kind of fun (because they are not normal for Colorado).