Wednesday, January 6, 2010

a date - all.day.long

Today was the best day of the year. I know, I know - you're thinking that it's only 6 days into the year so it's really not that big of a deal. I'll say it again though. Today was the best day of the year - not because of anything spectacular or grandiose and certainly not because of the weather (it's cold & miserable!!!), but simply because Peter took the day off to spend it with ME.

The girls went back to school today, and we got to hang out together all. day. long. I cooked breakfast (which in itself is a big deal because Peter & the girls will tell you that it doesn't happen often), and we got to have coffee together and chat before the day really started. First, we went to Home Depot (really hot date spot - ha ha) and bought stuff to fix the heating vents and lights for the kitchen finally. Next, we went to the Eddie Bauer outlet at Colorado Mills and got to do a little shopping just for us - no girls this time. Then, we had lunch at Mimi's Cafe - yes, with all the grandmas & grandpas. We felt so youthful. :) Finally, we went to Sur Le Table to exchange my new cutting board for something bigger and DSW to shop for shoes. They didn't have the one I was looking for, but Peter found a pair of shoes.

So you see, it was not a day of huge gestures or big adventures. It was a day that my husband chose to spend with just me, and that in itself made it wonderful.

1 comment:

Charessa said...

Love it! We only get to do that on my birthday!