Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Fork & a Brush


Yesterday my project was to paint the kitchen, and I got most of it done. Painting is not something I really like doing, but I do like seeing the obvious progress along the way - and the finished project isn't bad either. I picked up my paint from Guiry's http://www.guirys.com/. I love their paint - depending on the room and color I can usually get away with one coat of paint. I also love the fact that I can get paint samples to try first, and I've always had great customer service. This really isn't a plug for Guiry's, but I love a happy shopping experience.

On Monday I went to pick up my paint and a small Purdy paintbrush. I noticed that they had their own label paintbrushes 40% off. The bargain hunter in me thought "wow", but in the back of my head, I heard my mother's voice telling me that sometimes quality is worth the price. So I asked the sales lady for a little advice. I bought the Purdy brush (I already have two that I love anyways.). I also came away with a little gem that I thought I'd share with all my fellow painters - just in case you didn't already know the secret. When cleaning your paintbrushes, get a fork and "comb" through the brush from the handle toward the tip to loosen all the dried paint that simply running under water just can't get out. I tried it on my new brush and an old brush that had paint from the last job, and it worked. How awesome is that!

2 comments:

mom/carla said...

I do love to paint...so this little tip is great for me! I can't wait to see this new kitchen of yours!

kirstin said...

oooh- great tip! I paint kind of alot, so this is superhelpful for a girl like me. :)