Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Peter & Nathan - too much turkey??? Mallory & Jessah
Guitar Hero fest
Hangin out with the family
Karla & Mom
Heather, Nathan & Jerry
Jeff bought the Hulk gloves for ...???
Jilly is off in a hurry

A time of thanks...

Thanksgiving has to be one of my favorite holidays - mostly because it's all about being together with people I love and reflecting with a grateful heart on all that I have. This year I am thankful for many things in my life especially my small family (Peter, Mallory & Jillian - and yes, even the puppies) and my very large family and the way they love us and support us in more ways than I can count and friends - old friends from across the US, Australia and other parts of the world and new friends who feel as comfortable as old friends. For me it's the people in my life who make my life that much richer.

I was far too full and far too tired to post at the end of the day yesterday, but we celebrated & hosted our 2nd Thanksgiving since moving back to Colorado. We had over 30 people (and lots of kids) in our house and had an amazing time eating, drinking, talking, playing and most of all laughing until we cried. The adults had a Taboo match (or two) that pitted sister against sister, and yes, we are ALL competitive and play to win!

After everyone left and the girls were in bed, the house suddenly seemed so still and quiet. I realized then that is exactly what I want our home to be like. Sometimes it's a place full of laughter and crazy, loud activity all over the place, and other times, it's a place of calm and peace. It's all of those moments combined that breathe life into our home and our family.

No comments: