Thursday, August 20, 2009

Jilly's 1st day of Junior High

Lisa, Jilly, Lexie, Hilary & Morgan
Hilary, Morgan, Jilly & Lexie
Jilly & her cousin Lexie
Jilly & her BFF Lisa

There's something so great about the first day of school. I don't know if it's the new clothes, new school supplies, seeing old friends, a fresh start and/or the excitement & nerves for what lies ahead. It's a feeling like no other, and even though it wasn't my first day today, I had that great feeling this morning when I dropped Jillian off for her first day of junior high.

She had a hard time sleeping last night, and I could hear her taking big deep breaths in the car on the way to school. Jillian loves structure & order to EVERYTHING she does (check out her room & closet and you would see what I mean). All of her school supplies were labled, packed, checked & rechecked several times - days before school even started. Not knowing where her locker was, who she would eat with, who her teachers were and generally what to expect for an entire day was stressing her out. Once we got her locker organized, made sure she could unlock her locker and found her friends, all was good. When she & her friends walked off to the assembly with the other 400 plus 7th graders, she was happy and relaxed.

Hope she's still smiling when I pick her up at 2:33.

2 comments:

jordan said...

so fun. I remember my first day of junior high. they get out at 2:30?!

mom/carla said...

So...how did the first day go for both of the girls?